I'm not a big fan of complexity, but this process really is as easy (or complex) as downloading an IOS image from CCO.

If the E-license doesn't turn up with the hardware there's always the 60 day Eval License which you can activate without any keys to buy more time.

Reuben

On 28/09/2012 5:22 AM, Aaron wrote:
I get some with and some without... the ones without I send system serial
number to my cisco account se and she sends me a license file

Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-boun...@puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-boun...@puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Mattias Gyllenvarg
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:40 AM
To: Eric A Louie
Cc: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Advanced Metro license, ME-3600

Have had both ways. Always get them preinstalled now.

Licencing process is a pain.

On 27 September 2012 00:35, Eric A Louie <elo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hey folks, I'm trying to get the straight scoop on the licensing issue

I received an ME 3600x from my reseller, without the Advanced Metro
license.  I did order the license from them.  Is there a normal wait
for getting it, or is the reseller trying to smokescreen me?  Or,
should I have received the license on shipment of the switch?

  Much appreciated,
Eric Louie