On 10/10/2012, at 8:16 PM, Phil Mayers <p.may...@imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> TBH I'm not really sure what you're asking.

Yep, sorry was a bit of a brain dump. :) Thanks for your comments. This
basically tells me that archive doesn't have any super awesome features that we
don't already get from RANCID, and that its not completely solid yet (re 6500).
Syslog command logging though is 100 times more convenient than TACACS for
short term requirements, while TACACS+gzip+disk storage sorts out the long
term/compliance requirements.

> Really? We use a home-grown system for this, and back up >1200 devices every
> hour.

At the moment, ~rancid/var lives on NFS, and the machine does a bunch of other
things that chew resources. I've got plans on improving this, but one disaster
at a time. :)

Rgds,

- I.