Hi, On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 04:08:03PM +0330, h bagade wrote: > I want to know in what condition this error occurres when defining ip > addresses on interfaces? I test many IP addresses and diverse error > messages happens which I don't know the reasons. Is there any reference > which I could find the invalid pattern of ip addresses?
"networking 101"?
- don't use IP addresses out of Class D or E space
- don't use netmasks that are not left-contiguous (no 0-bits mixed into
1-bits)
- don't use /32 masks on anything that's not a loopback
- don't use IP addresses that would be the network or broadcast address
in a given subnet
In essence, except for the non-contiguous netmask thing "don't do things
that are not permitted by the networking-101 text book". And don't use
IPv4 either.
gert
--
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025 [email protected]
pgpSpmJ83JMay.pgp
Description: PGP signature
_______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
