On 7/11/2012 3:56 PM, Mal wrote:
Did you scope the purchase yourself ?

Mal

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-boun...@puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-boun...@puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Reuben Farrelly
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 3:10 PM
To: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
Subject: [c-nsp] ME3800X, Policy Routing and SDM

Yes. The SCALED license was documented (and still is) on CCO as public information as increasing the limits of MAC/IP and other platform limits, and not being something required to enable any new features:

"The ME 3800X supports these licenses plus a scaled license that can be installed with any of these licenses to increase the supported values for that license, for example, more MAC addresses, VLANs, IPv4 routes, and so on. "

We hadn't budgetted on having to purchase a SCALED license in order to get more functionality, because CCO indicates that's not what the SCALED license provides, and the business case was approved some months ago based on that premise.

So the question still is, is this license actually required (see my previous post in so far as it looks like it might work) or was this a mistake in the release notes?

Reuben