According to Gigabit Transceiver Matrix, DOM is not supported for SX/LH/ZX modules on 6500, neither Sup720 nor Sup2T nor 6824/6848 linecards. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.pdf
Best regards, Andras On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Phil Mayers <[email protected]>wrote: > On 01/09/2013 08:24 AM, Florian Bauhaus wrote: > > According to Cisco documentation (I found) the Sup720-3B does support >> GLC-LH-SMD and GLC-SX-MMD Transceivers but does not support their DOM >> functionality. Is that true? >> > > It depends. > > There's a long-standing bug/limitation that means DOM doesn't work on > 6748-SFP linecards for *any* optic. This has been discussed on the list > previously - search the archives for details e.g. > > http://puck.nether.net/**pipermail/cisco-nsp/2007-**January/037234.html<http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2007-January/037234.html> > http://puck.nether.net/**pipermail/cisco-nsp/2008-**March/049187.html<http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2008-March/049187.html> > > ...and other threads I can't find right now. > > > I *believe* the SFP ports on the sup itself support DOM, but I've never > tried it because it's completely useless - two whole ports, wow, hold on > while I pass out with excitement! > > > Basically 1gig DOM == no on sup720 platforms. > > Does anyone know if this is fixed on 6948/sup2T linecards? > ______________________________**_________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/**mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp<https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp> > archive at > http://puck.nether.net/**pipermail/cisco-nsp/<http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/> > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
