I've done a bit of testing and it's actually pretty good and I have seen
zero packet loss, and never greater than 10ms for general IP/MPLS traffic.
 It's a gross simplification but the RSPs work the way the ALU SR routers
have for years where the fabrics are active/active always receiving
traffic and there is stateful synchronization between RPs for routing
protocols.  Back when I did the testing the only issue they had was with
P2MP RSVP-TE LSPs. 

Phil 

On 2/4/13 6:40 AM, "William Jackson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I have seen mentioned on marketing that you can pull out the RP from an
>in production ASR9K and suffer no packet loss.
>Is this the active RP?  Can somebody shed some light on this feature
>please?
>
>Anyone tested this?
>
>Thank you
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
>https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to