This is very common practice and practically everyone does it.
Usually if you have your own backbone you enlarge the backbone packet size 
though.
Sometimes that isn't an option due to provider switches in the path.

LR Mack McBride
Network Architect

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Eric A Louie
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 12:56 PM
To: Cisco NSP
Subject: [c-nsp] ip tcp adjust-mss

I just put in this command on my upstream interfaces to help my mpls network 
pass traffic - that is, my effort to eliminate fragmentation in my backbone.

Is anyone else using this method of "mtu control"?  I need some support - my 
CEO is asking why I have to do this, and who else does it, and is it a common 
practice, etc, so I'm looking for evidence, more than just "The Cisco TAC told 
me to do it".

thanks

 Much appreciated, Eric
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected] 
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to