Scott,

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 08:50:02, Scott Voll wrote:
> Subject: [c-nsp] ASA IPS Module SSM-20 in Failover Reboot
> 
> I just installed a couple SSM-20's in my ASA's.  install was a little 
> less that I had hoped as the backup came online with the module and 
> the Primary didn't have the module yet.  So we will just say we had a 
> little down time (ever so brief).
> 
> my question now becomes, how do I reboot one of these modules without 
> the ASA failing over to the backup?  I don't want to knock off all my 
> VPN users.
> 

I think you need to treat it like a zero downtime upgrade.  Fail over to the 
secondary firewall, reload the module on the old primary and fail back after 
state is synced up.  You should not lose VPN authentications during a failover. 
 IPsec RA, L2L, webvpn, and SVC sessions should stay intact between failovers.

-ryan

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to