I am using Different source IP address, I will try user a loopback interface as a change and see if that will work.
Appreciate your help Simon Thank you Best Regards Samir Abid Ali Core Network Manager Gorannet ISP Mobile:07703-587-625 Office:053 5111 000 ext. 1032 -----Original Message----- From: Simon Lockhart [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2013 2:14 PM To: Samir Abidali Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] High CPU utilization on sup720 with GRE On Sun Mar 24, 2013 at 02:06:09PM +0300, Samir Abidali wrote: > Can you somebody help me in understanding whey GRE tunnel Cisco > WS-SUP720-3BXL , with two GRE tunnel configured will spike the cpur to 99% > when the traffic goes beyond 30mbps. > > According to documentation, the GRE is hardware accelerated, please note that > the two tunnel interface has two different source interface ( SVI source ip > address ) It's important to use a different source interface for each Tunnel (we use loopback interfaces per tunnel). I'm doing over 1Gbps of GRE spread over multiple tunnels, and my CPU is running at around 30%. I'd probably start by looking at MTU - is this box having to do a lot of fragmentation? That will kill the CPU very quickly. Simon _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
