Hello,

I am new to this list and wanted some guidance on a Cisco solution for the 
following requirement.

We have a client (bank) who have two sites - A and B - both located in 
difference towns.  A is the HQ and B is to be their Disaster Recovery (DR) 
site.  Client has requested for -

* Internet bandwidth (~ 20 Mbps) to be supplied to Site A, and if there is any 
failure there, this bandwidth is to be re-directed to B.

* The services to be hosted by the bank is basically their Internet Banking 
Platform (web-based) and mail.  The databases for both services will be 
replicated across A and B.  Client will handle this, but we will provide 
communication channel between A and B.

A and B are to be connected via fiber through intermediate IP-based routers.  
(There is no MPLS.)

So my question is what is the best way of handling the failover for both their 
services ?  DNS changes ?  Is there anything better I can do with a Cisco 
product placed at A and B ?  I know Linux has a Virtual Server implementation 
and I see Cisco's ACE does something similar though I am not an expert with 
Cisco products.  And for the secure channel to enable the databases at the 
sites to synch up, should I be thinking of IPSEC ?

 One of our suppliers mentioned something about using HSRP or VRBP.  I am yet 
to do some research on that.

 Any suggestions would be appreciated.

 Thank you,

Sanjeev
                                          
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to