I personally find it easier to use the same methodology everywhere - for me it's EVC/bridge domains/VPLS. At least I know that this functionality is likely to remain in place for foreseeable future. But also if you find yourself one day willing to extend it to some other devices that don't have direct connectivity to the first one using MPLS it's much easier then trying to thread a VLAN through an already established network. Again this is personal preference - I don't like to run MPLS on physical interface with a trunk on it (even with point-to-point VLANs).
kind regards Pshem On 23 May 2013 08:33, Jason Lixfeld <[email protected]> wrote: > I'm planning on implementing some HSRP stuff between two switches that have > no L2 connectivity between them; everything is MPLS/VPLS'ified. > > So my question is, what's the standard practise for doing HSRP the VPLS way? > Service instance/EVC/BD/SVI based or traditional trunk/SVI based? This won't > need any funky EVC features required by the devices connected to these two > switches, but I'm just trying to understand if the latter of the two methods > is starting to get antiquated and we should be doing EVC based stuff like > this, as a best-practise, on whatever platforms support it? > > Or is this just silly and the traditional trunk/SVI method will be around > forever, so why change it? > > Thanks in advance. > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
