Hi Jan, You learn something new every day :-) Thanks. I guess I was being an idiot after all...
On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM, Jan Gregor <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi, > > the "ip verify unicast reverse-path" blocks local ping. If you want to > allow it, you can user the "allow-self-ping" option to the command. > > Best regards, > > Jan > > On 07/05/2013 05:53 PM, Chris Knipe wrote: >> Hi All, >> >> I can't believe I am doing this, but I am either missing something VERY >> obvious, or I am in need for some assistance on this one... >> >> I have a VLAN configured on a Port-Channel (all other VLAN's on the same >> Port-Channel is working absolutely fine). >> >> #sh run int po1.105 >> Building configuration... >> >> Current configuration : 429 bytes >> ! >> interface Port-channel1.105 >> encapsulation dot1Q 105 >> ip address 198.18.0.1 255.255.255.240 >> no ip redirects >> no ip unreachables >> no ip proxy-arp >> ip nbar protocol-discovery >> ip virtual-reassembly in >> ip verify unicast reverse-path >> keepalive 30 >> end >> >> The interface is up/up >> #sh int po1.105 >> Port-channel1.105 is up, line protocol is up >> Hardware is GEChannel, address is 0021.d816.0380 (bia 0021.d816.0380) >> Description: WBTG-HS01 LAN >> Internet address is 198.18.0.1/28 >> MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1000000 Kbit/sec, DLY 10 usec, >> reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255 >> Encapsulation 802.1Q Virtual LAN, Vlan ID 105. >> ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00 >> Keepalive set (30 sec) >> Last clearing of "show interface" counters never >> >> Yet, from the console on the router ON WHICH the Interface is configured >> (yes, local router - this is not even a remote ping over a wire): >> #ping 198.18.0.1 >> Type escape sequence to abort. >> Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 198.18.0.1, timeout is 2 seconds: >> ..... >> Success rate is 0 percent (0/5) >> >> Can someone perhaps shed some light for me as to why this would be >> occurring? We're looking at a C3825 running IOS 12.5 >> >> Thanks for your time - hopefully this is me being an 1d10t >> >> -- >> Chris. >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ >> > -- Regards, Chris Knipe _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
