> I manage a network where multicast is the most important traffic and > sometimes I get issue by customer where they state that some packets are lost…
I used to manage a the network for a very large financial firm, had to deal with this sort of issue all the time. I had optical taps in multiple spots in the environment. The most important ones collected data at the edge and at the server handoff. These taps fed into a Niksun appliance which wrote full packets to disk. Niksun is a powerful box, but I used it primarily to deliver pcaps, not so much for its analysis features. Analysis was done with some stuff that I'd whipped up, because I couldn't find any off-the-shelf products that gave useful visibility into what was happening on the wire. Case study of a "missing packets" incident here: http://bit.ly/13jjP7z A video highlighting my analysis tool here: http://bit.ly/ygf8EG /chris _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
