We have a 7k chassis that has a SUP-1 and FAB-1 that will be upgraded with 
SUP-2 and FAB-2, but while I am testing in a spare chassis I don't want to 
prohibit the spare modules from being used in chassis with SUP-1 if the EPLD is 
incompatible.



Q1.     Is the EPLD version that I load into an I/O mod the same regardless of 
weather it was loaded with a SUP-1 or SUP-2?

Q2.  Is a higher rev EPLD compatible with lower NX-OS version?   The doc seems 
to imply its OK.



So if I update the EPLD of an I/O mod on my spare chassis that has a SUP-2, can 
I use that mod in a chassis that has a SUP-1 without changing the EPLD code.


I know when you download the EPLD from CISCO, you need to use the version for 
the specific SUP (1 or 2), but I believe that is only because there is EPLD on 
it for the SUP whereas the module EPLD is always the same regardless of SUP 
version.  I think..







I have all the docs on procedure, but they didn't mention this case.





Thanks for any info.




Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to