Hi,

ASR1001 can hold 1,000,000 routes in the FIB if you have 8GB memory. See table 4: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps9343/data_sheet_c78-441072.html

We have an 8GB unit taking two full feeds and a couple of IXes (another ~10k prefixes), memory usage is approximately 1.2G of the 4G that is available to IOSd.

Given the relentless growth of the global v4 table, I wouldn't feel comfortable with a FIB capability of 512K. How long do you think that'll suffice?

Chris