Hi all,

We have recently purchased an ASR1001 and seem to be hitting some limitations 
regarding QOS on sub-interfaces on port channels.

I can police on per-subscriber basis fine, handing down the policies from our 
radius server. I would also like to police the aggregate on the sub-interface 
that happens to be on a port-channel. When attempting to apply the 
service-policy to the sub-interface, it seems to apply fine; however when 
verifying the policy-map on the interface, I can see that it is in suspended 
mode and not applying.

When I attempt the suggested work-around of lacp fast-switchover with lacp 
max-bundle 1 on the port-channel, the sub-interface policy is able to 
successfully apply. However, we straight away lose a half our performance for 
standby.

In order to attempt to resolve, I have upgraded to version 
asr1001-universalk9.03.10.00a.S.153-3.S0a-ext.bin. This did not resolve.

This blog post by another network engineer sums up the issue perfectly, it was 
an over a year ago, so hoping the issue got some traction in Cisco.

http://thenetworksbroken.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/cisco-asr-1001-queuing-on-pppoe.html

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,


[cid:(null)]<http://www.gosford.nsw.gov.au/>

Chris Gibbs
Network and Security Engineer | Information Management & Technology
Gosford City Council
www.gosford.nsw.gov.au<http://www.gosford.nsw.gov.au/>

PO Box 21 Gosford NSW 2250
Phone: (02) 4325 8888
Mobile: 0408 222 496
Fax:    (02) 4323 2477
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>




The information contained in this email may be confidential. 
You should only disclose, re-transmit, copy, distribute, 
act in reliance on or commercialise the information if you 
are authorised to do so. Gosford City Council does not 
represent, warrant or guarantee that the communication is 
free of errors, virus or interference.

Gosford City Council complies with the Privacy and 
Personal Information Protection Act (1998). 
See Council's Privacy Statement at 
http://www.gosford.nsw.gov.au/council/privacy.html
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to