Hello Everyone, We are looking into upgrading some links actually on a cwdm run to 10Gig. After looking into DWDM equipment I was told to check into 10Gig CWDM plugs offered in sfp+ xenpak x2 xfp etc Such as the ones offered by smartoptics http://www.smartoptics.com/optical-transceivers/10g-ethernet-2/
As we would like to add this to our existing 6500s does anyone have any experience using the x2/xenpaks in a cisco 6500 environment? AFAIK cisco does not support 10G CWDM plug ins, at least I can't find anything stating that they do publically. They are telling me it'll work but is "unsupported" , yet I would sleep better at night knowing that we are not beta testers Thanks Brian --- This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above. As this e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information, if you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to retain, read, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
