Hi Sander and thanks for the replyI actually converted the numbers into 
hexadecimal , and am running dual stacked network IPv4 and IPv6but how am going 
to block this IP address from appearing in the show ip bgp output ?
Thanks again 
> Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Strange IP address
> From: [email protected]
> Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 14:35:07 +0100
> CC: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> 
> Hi,
> 
> > Hi all I was working on a test LAB on GNS3 , the Lab contains both IPv4 and 
> > IPv6 with different routing protocolsThe starnge issue is that when I issue 
> > the show ip bgp on one of the routers
> > I find the IP address 32.1.1.146 as a next-hopdid anyone face this before ? 
> >                                           
> 
> Can you show your config? I suspect you are sending IPv6 routes to an IPv4 
> BGP neighbour or vice versa.
> 
> Converting your IPv4 address to hex:
> - 32  = 0x20
> - 1   = 0x01
> - 1   = 0x01
> - 146 = 0x92
> 
> It wouldn't surprise me if one of your IPv6 addresses starts with 2001:0192: 
> (which would be in the IANA reserved block for protocol assignments)
> 
> Cheers,
> Sander
> 
                                          
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to