Hi,

Can't help you with the N7K, have no experience with them. But we deployed a 
couple Nexus 6001 recently, running NX-OS 6.0(2)N2(2). 

We use exclusively third party SFP and SFP+, from a local supplier, in these 
without any problem. The SFPs are coded as Cisco in the EPROM, we don't need to 
use "service transceiver unsupported".

Regards,
/Ulrik



-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Orr, 
Jeff B.
Sent: den 9 december 2013 14:53
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] Nexus compatible optics

Hello All,

I am getting ready to purchase a few Nexus 7k chassis for a refresh and I 
wondered if anyone ever found out the answer on the compatibility of 
aftermarket optics? I remember reading on this list awhile back that there was 
question if the newest 6.x code would allow for non-genuine Cisco optics. 

I have used a company, FluxLight, for years to supplement our Cisco optics for 
SFP, SFP+, X2, Twinax, etc. I have never had problems in our 6500s, Nexus 5k, 
etc, including never needing to use the "service transceiver unsupported" 
command.  They are all private labeled optics by the major manufactures with 
the correct Cisco SN burned in the EPROM. 

Thanks!
Jeff

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected] 
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to