On Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:14:30 AM Garry wrote: > Apart from the fact that the default BPDU guard does as > it is supposed to, my actual problem is why the switch > goes down when I remove it on that port, thus allowing > the switch to be connected ... I reckon I might have to > go on site and check on the console when the switch is > connected (and BPDU guard disabled) to find out whether > there are any hints as to what is going wrong ...
Could be a bug. A software upgrade and re-testing would be useful. I generally enable fast convergence on all Edge ports (PortFast) globally, but disable it when connecting to known downstream 802.1Q-enabled switches. We've had cases where customers have connected switches to us without our knowledge, and because customers generally connect to Edge ports, they can hit BPDU guards. Getting them to fix this (forever) always works/helps. This could get more interesting as customer hand-offs rely more on EVC's. Mark.
signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
_______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
