Likely a good place to start: http://www.nanog.org/meetings/abstract?id=2086
Ciena, Cyan, Adva, Infinera, Cube Optics, even some cisco ONS stuff. All have their pros and cons... --chip On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 12:44 PM, <[email protected]> wrote: > Can anyone give any pointers where to start on DWDM, any good books/blogs > etc? > > > > Ideally looking for a 'idiots guide', I have a good handle of what DWDM can > provide, but I need to be able to understand/explain the components that > form part of a DWDM solution including things like protected rings, > failover > mechanisms etc.. > > > > I need to investigate this for a client for a mix of fibre channel/Ethernet > over 2 diverse pairs of dark fibre, each pair with its own equipment. And I > need a good understanding before I approach any vendors. > > > > Also - any recommendation on vendors? Looking at around 8 wavelengths > initially but need room to scale, initial thoughts are ciena or transmode. > > > > Also if anyone has done this before and can give a rough price how much > this > kit should cost it'd be very handy. > > > > Cheers > > Steve > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > -- Just my $.02, your mileage may vary, batteries not included, etc.... _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
