From: cisco-nsp [mailto:cisco-nsp-boun...@puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Gert
Doering
Sent: den 14 mars 2014 09:28
To: Charles Sprickman
Cc: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net NSP
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] management access BCP?

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 10:02:29PM -0400, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> What are people doing these days to get OOB into a single small location?
> Cellular?

What we've done is "find some other ISP in the same colo that we knew from some
common event, and just throw two cat5 cables over the wall" - one has a /29
from their IP space, one has a /29 from our IP space, and we both get nicely
independent OOB-over-IP.

Of course you might want to connect that to a device that is seriously
hardened, and such :-) - not to a "speaks telnet-only and has direct access to
all your consoles" boxes.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de