The C flag indicates there’s a directly connected receiver for this group (that 
would be the VLC player connected to the GigabitEthernet0/1.902 int).
If that’s the case you should see this receiver being registered with igmp for 
this particular group (sh ip igmp group).

adam

From: Scott Voll [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:50 PM
To: Vitkovský Adam
Cc: Phil Mayers; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Multicast group but no traffic

Why would I see this on my WAN router?

(*, 225.5.5.5), 02:02:57/00:03:29, RP 10.255.255.2, flags: S
  Incoming interface: GigabitEthernet0/0, RPF nbr 10.0.1.3
  Outgoing interface list:
    GigabitEthernet0/1.902, Forward/Sparse, 00:42:16/00:03:29

if I have an incoming and outgoing interface shouldn't I see an SC flag?

TIA

Scott


On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 12:20 AM, Vitkovský Adam 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Well talking multicast you need to specify what route (state) are you seeing as 
well as which PIM mode are you running across your WAN.

So you see either just the (*,g) state -means the designated router for the LAN 
segment as displayed by the cmd: " sh ip pim int" (Nexus) has translated the 
IGMP membership reports(igmp joins) into PIM Joins and sent them towards the RP 
(would be good to know which of your routers is RP).
You might actually be getting the stream if PIM is running in BIDIR or Dense 
mode -the stream can be checked via "sh ip mroute active".

Or you see also the (s,g) state -means the RP has an active source for the 
previously requested group or has send a register message towards the source.
In either case as the source starts to send traffic down the shared tree (*,g) 
this is how the Nexus will learn about the source of the source for the group 
and can join source tree by sending PIM Join towards the Source (s,g) state.  
-the stream can be checked via "sh ip mroute active".


adam
> -----Original Message-----
> From: cisco-nsp 
> [mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>]
>  On Behalf Of
> Scott Voll
> Sent: Friday, May 09, 2014 9:38 PM
> To: Phil Mayers
> Cc: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Multicast group but no traffic
>
> VLC Player with TTL 10.  Connected to 3560 to Nexus 55xx with Layer 3.
>  connection to 3845 over WAN to remote site, to 2911 to 2960 layer 2 switch.
>
> I can see on Nexus, 3845 and 2911 the IP Mroute for the group I'm sending.
>  Via a packet capture I can see the multicast local to the Nexus on multiple
> vlan's
>
> I can see on the 2960 the groups and interfaces.  But a wire capture on the
> local PC all I see is the join packets, no traffic.
>
> Other ideas?
>
> Scott
>
>
> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Phil Mayers
> <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>wrote:
>
> > On 09/05/2014 18:53, Scott Voll wrote:
> >
> >> I'm working on rolling out my Multicast across my WAN.
> >>
> >> I can see the Multicast group on the WAN router and I can see it on
> >> the switch interface, but I'm not getting the traffic.  What should I
> >> be looking at?
> >>
> >
> > That's a bit vague. John has made some good suggestions but you'd get
> > more specific answers if you can specify the topology in detail.
> >
> > How are you determining you're not "seeing" the traffic? No video at
> > receiver app? If so, check again with tcpdump/wireshark and look out
> > for software firewalls. That one catches me a lot - I always forget
> > iptables on my laptop :o(
> >
> > "sh ip mr active" and "sh ip mr count" are useful at L3 hops. L2 hops
> > are far harder to debug, unfortunately.
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > cisco-nsp mailing list  
> > [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
> > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
> >
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  
> [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to