>
> If these devices are all on networks under your administrative control,
> it's generally far better to drop undesirable packets at the edge, and far
> easier to get an iACL and/or tACL right and deploy on edge interfaces, than
> to get CoPP right.
>

I completely agree,  the problem is that I have many, many of these things
-- mostly on-net, maybe 20% off-net -- and keeping up the edge iACLs, the
per-device iACL+tACLs is turning into a gargantuan time-eating task, even
with automation in place. Our goal is to be able to do location-independent
configs, such that the device templates are not ever-changing, and at the
same time trying to dodge a configuration database engine (which I've never
seen work reliably) -- for these guys, it appears CoPP is the route to
accomplish that.

Anybody have any input on the RTP-not-hitting-CoPP-ACLs question?

Thanks!
Randal
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to