On 2014-09-04 19:16, Aaron wrote:
In my network traceroute works fine for on-net (known) subnets. I can see
the mpls lsr P hops.



But when I traceroute to internet destinations off-net (unknown) subnets and
my packets follow default routing, I do not see my mpls lsr P hops.



What is the deal with traceroute being broken when following the default
route ?

Just a guess:

Remember that the ICMP ttl-exceeded packet gets switched to the LSPs tail- end LER/PE where IP processing can happen, but for a learned default-route will most probably not occur and instead packets get MPLS-switched to the
default-routes l2adjacency on your ISP-facing LER/PE directly (without
consulting the VRF). Hence my guess is that your ISPs router doesn't want to route the ttl-exceeded packets back to you (maybe URPF ingress -> you
have private linknetworks sourcing the ICMP-ttl's?).

Cheers
Chris
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to