I'm reading the docs on my shiny new ME-3600X [1] and i see this: The switch supports IP routing and multicast routing for bridge domains, including Layer 3 and Layer 2 VPNs, using the SVI model. There are the limitations:...
- You must configure SVIs for bridge-domain routing. - The bridge domain must be in the range of 1 to 4094 to match the supported VLAN range. - There can be only one EFP in the bridge domain. This last bit seems like a pretty serious limitation to me, so off to the lab: ######################################## System image file is "flash:/me360x-universal-mz.152-2.S1/me360x-universal-mz.152-2.S1.bin" License Level: AdvancedMetroIPAccess interface GigabitEthernet0/2 description direct to customer switchport trunk allowed vlan none switchport mode trunk service instance 6 ethernet encapsulation untagged etype ipv4 bridge-domain 44 ! ! interface GigabitEthernet0/3 description direct to customer switchport trunk allowed vlan none switchport mode trunk no keepalive service instance 6 ethernet encapsulation untagged etype ipv4 bridge-domain 44 ! ! interface Vlan44 ip vrf forwarding TestCo ip address 192.168.1.254 255.255.255.0 end ######################################## Sure enough, I am unable to ping the SVI or across the switchports. Then I remove the "etype ipv4" restriction (leaving simply "encapsulation untagged ") and it works fine. I couldn't find any bug directly related So I have two questions: 1) exactly what do they mean by "There can be only one EFP in the bridge domain." 2) why would "etype ipv4" drop packets that clearly are ipv4? (icmp echo request, TCP3389 etc.) Cheers, Chris [1] http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/metro/me3600x_3800x/software/release/12-2_52_ey/configuration/guide/3800x3600xscg/swevc.html _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
