On 3/8/15, M K <[email protected]> wrote:
> HiWhat is the best setup for NTP to be implemented in a network ?Linux
> server with ntpd package installed and all devices pointing to it ? or a
> core router with public access synchronized with public clock and all
> devices pointing to it ?                                      

You should have at least three NTP servers.   Not sure what "core
router with public access" means, but I wouldn't want anything outside
my network being able to access a service on a core router.  If you
really want to go that way, I'd suggest using a couple of 7200s that
aren't doing anything else.

I'd say the better setup* would be 3 or 5 servers running ntpd &
getting their clock from GPS or wireless cell phone towers & using
Internet time servers as a backup

Regards,
Lee


* wrt price/performance.  even better would be each ntp server having
it's own high quality clock
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to