I tried to get this to work for weeks, in the end, I used dyn-dns on the 
Juniper side, and ran an EMM script on the cisco router (2911 - 15.3) that 
looked up the dyn-dys juniper name, then rewrote the tunnel destination, every 
5 minutes.  

I can't see your config, as it is blocked at my work - I was using 0.0.0.0/0 as 
the proxy id on the juniper side, and a "normal" static VTI tunnel on the 
Juniper side.

This works, as it is my home setup back to the office.

I did not try DVTI, And I'm not sure if it uses NHRP in the same way as DMVPN 
would (with no gre) - which wouldn't probably work with a juniper routed tunnel 
anyway.



-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Tom 
Storey
Sent: 13 March 2015 15:35
To: cisco-nsp; [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] Help with an IPSec scenario

Hi everyone,

Trying to establish an IPSec tunnel (route based) between a Juniper SRX and a 
Cisco IOS router.

The topology is two routers with DSL services, the SRX is on a dynamic IP, the 
Cisco on a static. No NAT is involved in the path between the two routers.

Heres the configs Im working on: http://pastebin.com/gUEFVTau

Basically what Im getting is this...

In main mode, phase 1 is OK, and I get probably 99% of the way in phase 2, but 
it doesnt quite complete, with errors like "proxy identities not supported".

I can fix this by configuring Tunnel0's destination as the IP of the SRX /at 
the time/ and can then ping across the tunnel. But this obviously isnt a long 
term solution because if the IP of the SRX changes (and it does, frequently, 
because the DSL is notoriously
unstable) then the VPN stops working.

So I try to go aggressive mode, but this is even worse, with phase 1 not 
completing with errors like "IKE packet from x.x.x.x was not encrypted and it 
should've been", and never really making it past AG_INIT_EXCH.

This is a debug of aggressive mode: http://pastebin.com/RUAaXDyE

Based on my supplied configs, can anyone help me come up with a solution that 
allows the SRX to initiate a connection from any random IP, and the Cisco 
accepts it but I dont have to configure the IP of the SRX on the Cisco in order 
for it to work? I feel like Im tantalisingly close, but after several hours at 
it so far and copious amounts of googling, I just cant see the solution...

Thanks.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected] 
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to