>
> I've just resigned to the fact that there are some thing which will
> never make it to the ME3600X/3800X, for reasons unknown. On the back of
> the ASR920, I doubt much effort is going to be expended on the
> ME3600X/3800X any longer.
>
> We'd all do well to start deploying ASR920 in the coming few years.
>
Hi Mark - Given Cisco's push(Well recommendation) on the ASR920 vs
ME3600...have you heard any rumours on a "new" ASR900 that will be replacing
the ME3800?
The buffer space disparity(ASR920 v ME3600) still really confuses me...why
would Cisco do this? If they increase the number of supported VPLS/PW/QOS etc
instances on the ASR920, and recommend it as a replacement to the ME3600, why
would they reduce the buffer on the ASR920(And significantly so)?
I really want to get my hands on one and test the buffers out...see if there
are drops v's ME3600..
Cheers for all the imput...it's been extremely valuable.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/