Not really positive, but Skype does rely on SIP I believe. If so, the IOS NAT could be trying to modify the addresses in the payload, which the NAT-awareness in Skype itself is probably trying to correct. Leading to a lot of confused packets. Try adding this:
no ip nat service sip tcp port 5060 no ip nat service sip udp port 5060 If not that, maybe it's a NAT timeout issue, maybe bump up the NAT timers. Chuck -----Original Message----- From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Scott Granados Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 12:53 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] Issues with 2921, NAT and Skype? Hi, I have a strange problem and I'm not familiar with the inner workings of Skype to know for sure but I believe I have a problem caused by my NAT config. In some instances, after 1 minute the video will freeze especially when using a Skype gateway to another service. Point to point Skype calls for the most part work and audio is generally unimpacted. I have a very basic NAT setup which follows. interface GigabitEthernet0/1 bandwidth 50000 ip address 1.2.3.1 255.255.255.252 ip access-group 101 in ip nat outside ip virtual-reassembly in media-type sfp ! interface GigabitEthernet4/0 ip address 4.3.2.1 255.255.255.252 ip access-group 102 in ip nat inside ip virtual-reassembly in ! ip nat inside source list 120 interface GigabitEthernet4/0 overload Is there a modification to this that might better supports the needs of Skype callers originating requests from behind this router? Any pointers that might have some general best practices for this type of setup? Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thank you Scott _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
