Hello,

I'm trying to determine if there is a way to cut some equipment and complexity out of my network.

I have T1 loops connecting to an aggregation device, which packages these up into satop frames for transport across my network. On the receiving end, another device demuxes satop, then creates a channelized ds3 with the aggregated loops. This channelized ds3 then connects to a cisco router, which then provides PPP over individual serial interfaces represented by the chan-ds3. The application here is strictly internet access and I don't see any need for the clocking or other features of 't1' - it's just being used to transport PPP frames. It seems to me that it should be possible to not have the demux/remux/ds3 part of this. I am wondering if there is any built in cisco functionality for directly terminating an SAToP stream into a 'circuit' that then has PPP?

Mike-
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to