--- Begin Message ---
On 14/07/2015 9:34 PM, Gert Doering wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 11:06:37AM +0000, Adam Vitkovsky wrote:
Or from a different angle why would they bother designing test
procedure that tests every possible permutation making sure the box
is error free if no one is using certain config combinations. The
live audience makes sure they only need to deal with the widely
used features and not waste money on fixing features that almost no
one actually uses.

While that is a bit cynical, it would actually work *IF* they gave
TAC enough developer resources to then fix anything that comes up in
reasonably short time *AND* add regression tests to their setup to
ensure that they are not breaking this (obviously important) feature
again with new code...

The "not enough support from dev" is one of my major gripes with TAC
- these folks are friendly and helpful, but if they are left dangling
without backend support, there's not much they can do.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this about insufficient dev resources as well - and the situation appears worse than I think it has ever been.

I have 6 TAC cases open at the moment - some have been open 6+ months,
practically all are awaiting a response from engineers who have contacted DE to either fix a bug or respond with where to go next given a collection of outputs that clearly illustrate problems and that the engineer needs to escalate.

Most have been waiting a double digit number of weeks (not days) for responses from DE.

Unfortunately this means that the engineer who assisted is probably going to be lumped with a very poor survey score for "Timely Resolution" even though it may not be his/her fault :-(

Reuben

--- End Message ---