Hi,

I have a 7201 which is terminating pppoe sessions, amoung other jobs. For some reason, on an interface completely unrelated (gi0/0.4), the router appears to be sending gratuitous arps every time it sets up a new session, like so:

xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx > ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff, ethertype ARP (0x0806), length 60: Ethernet (len 6), IPv4 (len 4), Reply y.y.y.y is-at xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, length 46

I believe these are showing up on other interfaces as well. I don't understand why it would be sending these, and especially, why would it be sending them out interfaces not related or having subnet addresses anywhere near the same range? The above example interface gi0/0.4 is in 10.0.1.32/27 while the arp above would be for my public ip block in the 216.x.x.x range.

The router runs 12.2(33)-SRE7 if it makes a difference. Anyone know how I can turn it off?

Mike-

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to