+1 for holistically thinking about the MTU issues (as the L2TPv3 headers shrinks the size of the payload of a std 1500 mtu, worse yet if you add ipsec on top of that for a "secure pseudowire" type setup)

Overlay features akin to VxLAN and eVPN were not mature at the time, but I would at least consider that now if feasible.

Contact me off-list I can provide topology diagrams for real-world deployments re: L2TPv3 (with and without IPsec).


Regards,
Ge Moua
[email protected]

U of MN Alumnus
--

On 10/23/2015 05:30 AM, John Kougoulos wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 10:37 AM, james list <[email protected]> wrote:

I’d like to share experience, receive suggestions if any, alternatives if
any, recommendations, scalability numbers if any, etc.


Make sure to handle the MTU appropriately or your routers will start
fragmenting packets

Regards,
John.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to