Hi,

> I have little question about DNS servers that you use in your environment?
> We use bind on freebsd servers now. I did some benchmarks and found that
> google public DNS is 8 - 10 time faster than my own. So I decide change BIND
> for something more faster. I'm in MNO market.  Any suggestions?


just caching resolver? might want to look at unbound.... but google 10x faster 
than you even though
theirs are remote etc?  

1) tune your server (MANY things can be done)
2) their caches are probably ready-populated with loads of stuff as they are 
operational..whereas your server
will have to go out to make queries.

..and 3) there are other dedicated lists for this sort of thing (in particular 
go to the
mailing list for the software you are running :) )

alan
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to