> OTOH, Fig. 3-23 suggests that there is a "real" USB host port > (the "EIA Console Port") which might be able to drive a USB-to-serial, > if it's the right now - if it can be used to connect a modem, it can > be used to connect to a console server. But I'd assume that it only > works with a Cisco Certified USB To Serial Cable, which is made by > the Cisco Certified Optics Department and appropriately priced.
There are actually 4 USB 'ports' on the ASR920: 'USB MEM' - This is for a USB memory stick. 'USB CON' - This is the Type-A USB port. 'AUX CON' - I had thought this is for a USB modem? 'CONSOLE' - This is the EIA connection. I tried connecting my USB-to-Serial adapter to this, too, but no luck. Thanks for the documentation link - I actually found another link on there that has the pinouts, but as you say, I don't think it will do me much good: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr920/hardware/installation/guide/ASR920_HIG/troubleshooting.html#67599 On the bright side, I seem to have learned more about USB today than I think I ever wanted to know. -evt _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
