Hi All, I've been trying to terminate multiple VLANs in AWS instance of CSR1000v. The scenario is like this:
VLAN 400 [CPE] --(L2)-- CSR1000v [Remote PoP] --- (L3 Link) -- CSR1000v [AWS] (SVI 400) I've tried VXLAN between remote end CSR1000v and AWS CSR1000v but due to certain limitation in VXLAN implementation (I believe) you can't terminate vlan on the same box after decapsulating the vxlan. Testing the scenario in lab (VMWare) works fine IF I connect something else with AWS CSR1000v via layer 2 and terminate the VLAN on that box in following way: VLAN400 [CPE] -- (L2) -- CSR1000v [Remote PoP] --- (L3 Link) --- CSR1000v [AWS] --- (L2) --- CSR1000v [CPE] VLAN 400 Remote PoP CSR1000v: --------------------------- redundancy mode none bridge-domain 400 member vni 400400 member GigabitEthernet3 service-instance 1 ! interface Loopback0 ip address 2.2.2.1 255.255.255.255 ! interface nve1 no ip address member vni 400400 ingress-replication 2.2.2.2 ! source-interface Loopback0 ! interface GigabitEthernet2 ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.252 ! interface GigabitEthernet3 no ip address service instance 1 ethernet encapsulation dot1q 400 rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric ! router bgp 65000 bgp log-neighbor-changes redistribute connected neighbor 1.1.1.2 remote-as 65001 AWS CSR1000v: ------------------- redundancy mode none bridge-domain 400 member vni 400400 member GigabitEthernet3 service-instance 1 ! interface Loopback0 ip address 2.2.2.2 255.255.255.255 ! interface nve2 no ip address member vni 400400 ingress-replication 2.2.2.1 ! source-interface Loopback0 ! interface GigabitEthernet2 ip address 1.1.1.2 255.255.255.252 ! interface GigabitEthernet3 no ip address service instance 1 ethernet encapsulation dot1q 400 rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric ! router bgp 65001 bgp log-neighbor-changes redistribute connected neighbor 1.1.1.1 remote-as 65000 The problem is AWS doesn't offer any L2 connectivity between the instances so I can't replicate what I've done in LAB. Please correct if am doing something wrong here. Any other options instead of VXLAN? -- Best Wishes, Aftab A. Siddiqui _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
