Hi, I am new to ASA and wondering about the traceroute (and ping) behaviour. I wanted to trace/ping with the IP address of the internal interface, but anything I try results in stars:
ASA# traceroute 8.8.8.8 source inside Type escape sequence to abort. Tracing the route to 8.8.8.8 1 * * * 2 * * * Tracing without setting a source (or "source outside") works fine. I create a rule for the internal interface towards dst any service ip. There is also a rule on the outside interface to allow icmp. I replace "inside" with the IP. Traceroutes from servers attached to the inside interface work fine. There is no control plane policy set. Is this a bug or some strange "security feature"? Is there another part that maybe filters such traffic? In the management access section I see only https/asdm/ssh/telnet. Maybe somebody can explain. kind regards Rolf _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
