> On 4/06/2016, at 11:19, Curtis Piehler <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Is it a requirement to have an ESP in the chassis?  I know what the they
> are supposed to be used for (offload network services).  If the router is
> going to be used for doing just packet forwarding and some QOS is it really
> needed in the chassis?

Hi Curtis,

All packets hit the ESP, they are the backbone of the ASR1000. Just like the 
RSP in the ASR9000 and the SCB in the J-MX, etc. etc.

Did a quick Google, there are a couple of useful pictures and words on this 
page, though others may have links to better docs/training materials. I used to 
have some someplace but use ASR9000s almost exclusively these days if I’m doing 
Cisco, and have misplaced them..
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/110531-asr-packet-drop.html
 
<http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/110531-asr-packet-drop.html>

--
Nathan Ward
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to