Thanks.
My reply is inline.

Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 23:04:29 +0000
> From: Lukas Tribus <[email protected]>
> To: Mike - st257 <[email protected]>, "[email protected]"
>         <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Cisco IOS: Polling OSPF External LSA count via
>         SNMP
> Message-ID:
>         <
> am3pr08mb01023b5907ccb2cd9fc73feaed...@am3pr08mb0102.eurprd08.prod.outlook.com
> >
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hi Mike,
>
>
> > I have a Cisco 7200VXR with a NPE-G1 that I'm polling for OSPF External
> > LSA counts, but it returns zero.
> > snmpget -On -v2c -c <COMMUNITY> <HOST> .1.3.6.1.2.1.14.1.9.0
> > http://www.oidview.com/mibs/0/OSPF-MIB.html
>
> 1.3.6.1.2.1.14.1.9.0 does not exist.
>

Rats, I fat fingered that somehow ... likely during my testing/snmpwalking.


> 1.3.6.1.2.1.14.1.9 is ospfOriginateNewLSAs, which is not what you want [1].
> 1.3.6.1.2.1.14.1.6 is ospfExternLSACount, which is probably what you want
> [2].
>

Yes, the OID ending in 6 is the one I want.


>
> So I would guess the get command would have to look like this (trailing
> six instead of nine-point-zero):
> snmpget -On -v2c -c <COMMUNITY> <HOST> .1.3.6.1.2.1.14.1.6
>

Now that my typo is out of the way, I receive a zero value for the proper
OID.
.1.3.6.1.2.1.14.1.6 = No Such Instance currently exists at this OID
.1.3.6.1.2.1.14.1.6.0 = Gauge32: 0

I'm able to successfully poll another router and get the proper value
returned.
Both routers are running the same IOS image.


Thanks!

-- 
---~~.~~---
Mike
//  SilverTip257  //
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to