Hi,

I have a new ATT ASE circuit and they have been troubleshooting now for two weeks. The symptom simply is that I appear to have one-way connectivity; Packets go from 'site a' to 'site b', but Broadcast/Multicast does not go back from 'site b' to 'site a'. For example, I can put static arp entries in both peices of my gear at either end, and have ping connectivity. But if I remove these, then arp doesn't complete and thus ping does not work. Stranger still, the 'site b' can see the CDP neighbor announcements from 'site a', but that site doesn't see the announcements from 'site b'.

Naturally ATT thinks it's me and wants me to replace / test / etc, but I think it's misconfiguration on their end since its clearly broadcast/multicast not being forwarded. On ATT end they have a Ciena 3960 if that helps anyone. On my side, 'site a' is a ME3600x while 'site b' is an ASR920, if that helps. Does anyone have a better idea as to what to look at here?

Mike-

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to