Hi,

    I have a damm weird one.


I have an me3600x, and gi0/7 is a fiber port. I have configured it thusly:

    interface GigabitEthernet0/7
    no switchport
    ip address 10.0.16.129 255.255.255.248
    speed nonegotiate


Another device (an asr920) on the other end of that fiber with the address 10.0.16.130, cannot ping it. However, the asr920 does see cdp announcements from the me3600x. The me3600x does not see cdp itself, however.

If I put static mac address entries in both devices, then I can ping and play and do everything. But remove the static entires and nothing works again, just one way cdp.

Interestingly enough, if I instead create a vlan interface and put this interface into that vlan, it works:


interface GigabitEthernet0/7
 switchport access vlan 500
 speed nonegotiate


interface Vlan500
 ip address 10.0.16.129 255.255.255.248


Why does it have to exist in an SVI in order to work? And even worse - I have tengig interfaces on this box which I can apply ip addresses to directly as above and they work as expected.

What gives?

Mike-
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to