With some traffic patterns there isn't much you can do.
If there are very few source and destination addresses then you may not be able 
to
Distribute the traffic.  Especially for long lived flows.

Try 'port-channel load-balance src-dst-mixed-ip-port' if you are on code that 
supports it.
Also ensure you have 'port-channel load-balance per-module'.
You already found the adaptive knob.
Adaptive is more difficult to troubleshoot when there are issues.

You may also want to set 'mls ip cef load-sharing full'.

Mack McBride | Senior Network Architect | ViaWest, Inc.
O: 720.891.2502 | C: 303.720.2711 | [email protected] | www.viawest.com


-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of james 
list
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2016 1:45 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] Issue with port-channel hashing

Dear experts,

I need help.


On my C6500 sup720 (12.2(33)SXI5) I’ve a port channel 4 x 1Gbs with 1 Gbs full 
and hashing fixed.

On the port-channel I’m trunking with few L2 vlans and on top of one of those 
I’ve L3 (with OSPF).


Since hashing is fixed all the traffic that 6500 Asic has decided to send on 
that link is experiencing problems.


My questions:


1)      Which is the faster and safer way to detect the “guilty” (src/des
tip) ? I see accounting seems not working

2)      What if I would change hashing from fixed to adaptive ? any detail
on that ? I'm not able to find how it works in detail on cisco.com


An help is appreciated,


Cheers

James
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected] 
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
This message contains information that may be confidential, privileged or 
otherwise protected by law from disclosure. It is intended for the exclusive 
use of the addressee(s). Unless you are the addressee or authorized agent of 
the addressee, you may not review, copy, distribute or disclose to anyone the 
message or any information contained within. If you have received this message 
in error, please contact the sender by electronic reply and immediately delete 
all copies of the message.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to