Thanks Mark for the feedback
So , applying a routing protocol (I think RIP will be find in such an 
implementation?) and enable MPLS on the point to point interfaces?

BR,
Mohammad

Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Design Case
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 13:11:09 +0200


  
    
  
  
    

    

    On 15/Aug/16 12:54, Mohammad Khalil
      wrote:

      

    
    
      Hi all
I have 7 switches that will be connected as Ring topology
In the coming future , each one of these switches will be connected to other 
switches to form sub-rings 
Number of Vlans in use are within 3 - 5 Vlans
One of these switches will be connected to a firewall (each Vlan GW is a 
sub-interface on the FW)
Now , what I was thinking of , should I use REP ? will that cause a problem 
with the sub-rings ? 
Or
 should I implement routing on the main ring and keep Layer 2 active on 
the sub-rings ? or should I keep default STP running inside the network ?
    
    

    If these are IP-capable switches, go IP (if MPLS is possible, even
    better). Stay away from Layer 2 core rings if you can help it.

    

    Mark.
                                          
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to