Hmm, thanks guys...

I would be OK tearing out and replacing with 2T to get this done if it
works.

That's not as bad as line cards galore. 6500s... so really don't want to
dump too much cash into them as I'm planning to get rid of them in the next
couple years.

Looks like if I do the 2T I also need to yank the gbic blade.