Fastmon is quite configurable and scalable. 20gbps is possible. See pavels
response.

Fastmon doesnt use any proprietary features. So afaik it should be
supported in all major platforms.

JG

On 5 Nov 2016 15:39, "Samir Abid Al-mahdi" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Thank you for sharing,
>
> As far As I understood the solution is like this, Please correct me if I
> am wrong,
>
> 1. Fastmon need to be installed to detect the DDOS and perform actions.
> 2. Although, there are multiple methods, I am trying to mirror the traffic
> to the Fastmon.
> 3. Fastmon upon detecting the attack perform a predefined actions, And i
> have seen in youtube, it can perform ACL.
>
> 4. if ACL is possible, then, I am thinking if possible to apply a customer
> ACL based on Dst and src on the router to block only the attack flow.
>
> Kindly let me know if above is correct, and can you help me to clarify the
> following,
>
> 1. Can fastmon handle mirror traffic of 20Gbps  ?  I couldnt find anywhere
> sizing parameter, how many cpu per Gbps.
>
> 2. Can the edge router actually apply this ACL staggered by Fastmon ? what
> router support this.
>
> Thank you and appreciate your support,
>
>
>
> Best Regards
>
> On 4 November 2016 at 11:39, John Gitau <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> If you're on the cheap you could try
>> https://fastnetmon.com/
>> https://github.com/pavel-odintsov/fastnetmon  (source code and what not
>> for the brave). I have used it in cases where a client cant afford arbor
>> et'all and doesnt want to just drop the traffic.
>>
>> JG
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Mark Tinka <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On 4/Nov/16 09:46, Samir Abid Al-mahdi wrote:
>>>
>>> > Hi,
>>> >
>>> > Ok, but how are they going to redirect my traffic to their system.
>>> >
>>> > I dont have a domain to redirect it by DNS.
>>> >
>>> > Does it mean they will BGP advertise my prefixes ? ?
>>>
>>> You'd have to discuss that with them, but at the most basic level, an
>>> Arbor system can automatically begin announcing a route into BGP that
>>> needs to have its traffic scrubbed once an attack is detected.
>>>
>>> Matching can be high-level (ASN) or granular (IP address).
>>>
>>> I suppose other systems have a similar mechanism, but I haven't used
>>> those.
>>>
>>> Mark.
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
>>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> **Gitau
>>
>
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to