The scrubbing seems to be the difficult bit in many low (or no) cost DDoS 
mitigation platforms. They'll send out BGP FlowSpec (which my Mikrotik routers 
don't support and I know many others don't either), but vary in how else they 
can manage things. 

I see that FastNetMon does support the Mikrotik API now (at least in beta 
quality). Depending on how fine tuned I can make the API call, it may be 
workable. Have a different address list for each type of attack and then use 
the API to add offending IP addresses to the address lists. Have a raw firewall 
rule to drop UDP 53 or whatever vector they're using from anyone in that 
address list. 



Why am I talking about Mikrotik on a Cisco list? I'm here for Cisco switches, 
not routers. :-) 




----- 
Mike Hammett 
Intelligent Computing Solutions 

Midwest Internet Exchange 

The Brothers WISP 

----- Original Message -----

From: "Aaron" <[email protected]> 
To: "Pavel Odintsov" <[email protected]>, "Gert Doering" 
<[email protected]> 
Cc: "Arie Vayner" <[email protected]>, "cisco-nsp@pu ck.nether.net" 
<[email protected]> 
Sent: Monday, November 7, 2016 8:05:54 AM 
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] DDOS Attacks Mitigation 

Can fastnetmon scrub ? I mean can fastnetmon redirect attack traffic 
through it and scrub out bad and forward the good ? 

- Aaron 

-----Original Message----- 
From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Pavel Odintsov 
Sent: Monday, November 7, 2016 7:27 AM 
To: Gert Doering <[email protected]> 
Cc: Arie Vayner <[email protected]>; cisco-nsp@pu ck.nether.net 
<[email protected]> 
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] DDOS Attacks Mitigation 

Yep, with mirror/sflow FNM could detect ddos in 2-3 seconds ;) 

On Monday, 7 November 2016, Gert Doering <[email protected]> wrote: 

> Hi, 
> 
> On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 08:11:22AM -0500, Satish Patel wrote: 
> > How does Fastnetmon differ from nfsen? 
> 
> much more real-time-ish - nfsen works on 5-minute batches 
> 
> gert 
> -- 
> USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW! 
> // 
> www.muc.de/~gert/ Gert Doering - Munich, Germany [email protected] 
> <javascript:;> 
> fax: +49-89-35655025 
> [email protected] <javascript:;> 
> 


-- 
Sincerely yours, Pavel Odintsov 
_______________________________________________ 
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] 
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp 
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ 

_______________________________________________ 
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] 
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp 
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to