Thanks Gert & Peter.  I’m going to look into the 9001.  We have a bunch of
Arista in the core doing ospf/ospfv3, the rep there suggested their 7280SR, which
is 48 SFP+, 6 QSFP, and they claim it’s stable as a BGP router with limitations of
1.2M ipv4 / 768k ipv6 routes, simultaneously, no picking and choosing like Brocade.
 Obviously, it’s good price point, but I’m not sure I’m ready to trust them in an
edge router role as I don’t know anyone using them for BGP.  I’m also not sure how
long 1.2M ipv4 routes will be good for given we’re already over the half way point
to that and the table has been growing regularly after run out.   List is $66k for
reference.

The SFP+ ports on 7280SR-48C6 do support 1G optics or they are 10G only like on ASR9001 ?

--
Best regards,
Adrian Minta