I will have to check but I found something interesting.   This was not line
card specific like I thought it originally was.   I found when a BFD MH
session is in a vrf and the next hop is a Recursive lookup in the CEF table
(ie: mpls transport) the MH session is stuck in initializing.   When the
next hop is an actual interface in the CEF table the MH session goes past
initializing and shows up as up or down.   I have a TAC ticket in pending
response.

On Dec 30, 2016 10:01 PM, "arulgobinath emmanuel" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Hi Curtis,
> What is the status of "MP download state" when you execute #sh bfd session
> destination <peer > detail
>
> Best Regards,
> Gobinath
>
> On 16 Dec 2016 05:34, "Curtis Piehler" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Curious if anyone has encountered this before.
>>
>> Running 5.1.3
>>
>> Trying to establish BFD Multihop underlying BGP with a router on site.  I
>> have the Multipath parameters set for the appropriate line cards.  The far
>> side router indicates it is transmitting BFD packets but not receiving
>> any.
>>
>> The ASR9k BFD state under BGP stays "initializing" and doing a debug
>> yields
>> "can not find multihop session".
>>
>> If I do a show bfd multihop session it doesn't even show up as down.
>>
>> The line card this is tied to is MOD-80SE with MPA-4X10GE and MPA-20X1GE.
>> I have however successfully established Multihop BFD + BGP on 2T20GE-B
>> line
>> cards.
>>
>> What's even more bizarre is that I have reproduced this in the lab and I
>> can establish multihop BFD + BGP tie to a MOD80-SE with MPA-20X1GE.
>>
>> The ASR routers I can not establish this on is two different chassis in
>> two
>> different markets so it isn't just focused on one device.
>> _______________________________________________
>> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>>
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to