Is it possible that the older Catalyst 6504 with SUP720-3BXL can reclaim
unused memory?  For instance say I have two DIA providers into a 6504
taking in two full copies of the Internet routing table (IPV4).  Knowing
the low memory availability on the 3BXL cards (1G) I do not want to chance
taking in 3 copies.  I would like to replace one of the DIA providers with
another by shutting it down then enabling the new DIA provider.  If I do
this process will the device reclaim the unused memory once the old DIA
provider is shut down, then reallocate memory to the new copy of the
Internet routing table from the new ISP?

I know on newer routers like ASR9Ks and Junipers the RSPs will reclaim
unused memory but I'm not sure on older devices.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to